610 3rd St, Davis, CA 95616
B&L Bike Shop is a certified beginner-friendly bicycle retailer that offers bicycle rentals. Comfortable cruisers and hybrid bicycles are available for rent Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All rentals come with a helmet and cable lock. A valid driver's license, credit card and signed waiver are required for all rentals. Walk-ins are accepted, but its recommended to call (530) 756-3540 to reserve your rental in advance.
B&L Bike Shop to Arboretum GATEway Garden
(0.4 miles, about 5 minutes)
1. Ride west on 3rd Street toward E Street
2. Turn left onto E Street
3. Turn right onto 2nd Street, then make a quick left onto the path parallel to E Street
4. Cross over Lincoln Hwy and through the opening in the shopping plaza
5. Continue to the trail dead end, then turn left
6. Follow the trail to curve to the right and arrive at Arboretum GATEway Garden on the left
Davis, CA 95616
The Arboretum GATEway Garden connects the UC Davis campus and the City of Davis. Here you'll find local native plants with an impressive modernist design including community-built art. The landscape design is based on sustainability best practices. You might even meed some feathered friends along the bioswale to the Arboretum Waterway.
Arboretum GATEway Garden to Manetti Shrem Museum
(0.7 miles, about 8 minutes)
1. Continue riding west on the shared use path
2. At Old Davis Road, bear right to take the pedestrian tunnel
3. Turn left onto Mrak Hall Drive
4. Cross over Old Davis Road and arrive at Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art
254 Old Davis Rd, Davis, CA 95616
The Manetti Shrem Museum welcomes visitors from across the community. Visit the museum's changing exhibits, make art every weekend, and relax in the award-winning building. Stop by the museum and connect with your creative spirit where they welcome open minds with open arms. The museum is open Tuesdays through Sundays and is free for all! Visit manettishrem.org for hours and more information.
Manetti Shrem Museum to Häagen-Dazs Honey Bee Haven
(3 miles, about 20 minutes)
1. Ride east on Old Davis Road toward Alumni Lane
2. Turn left onto Alumni Lane
3. Turn right onto Mrak Hall Drive
4. Make a slight right at Arboretum Drive onto the shared use path
5. Make the first left
6. At Mrak Hall curve to the left
7. Turn right around Mrak Hall, then left toward the Physical Sciences and Engineering Library
8. Make a sharp left at the Physical Sciences and Engineering Library, then right to continue riding west
9. Turn left onto Hutchison Drive
10. Make a sharp right toward Hutchison Place
11. Turn left onto Hutchison Place
12. At the traffic circle, continue straight on Hutchison Drive
13. Turn left toward Bee Biology Road and arrive at Häagen-Dazs Honey Bee Haven
Bee Biology Rd, Davis, CA 95616
The Häagen-Dazs Honey Bee Haven is a unique outdoor museum where visitors can observe and learn about bees and the plants that support them. The Honey Bee Haven is open daily from dawn to dusk for self-guided tours.
Häagen-Dazs Honey Bee Haven to Central Park
(3.1 miles, about 22 minutes)
1. Ride east on Bee Biology Road toward Hutchison Drive
2. Turn right onto the shared use path at Russell Blvd.
3. Cross over Lincoln Hwy then follow the path to the right
4. Turn right onto C Street and arrive at Central Park
Davis, CA 95616
Davis' Central Park was originally created in 1937. In addition to being a beautiful green space, the park features a fountain, gardens, and a people-powered carousel that you can pedal!
301 C St, Davis, CA 95616
At the southeastern corner of Central Park you'll find the Davis Farmer's Market. The market is open all year round, rain or shine, on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Wednesday afternoons starting at 4:30 p.m. between March-October and 3:00 p.m. from November - February. Shop local and organic produce, honey, baked goods, and gifts.
B&L Bike Shop
(0.2 miles, about 3 minutes)
1. Ride south on C Street toward 3rd Street
2. Turn left onto 3rd Street
3. Arrive at B&L Bike Shop on the right
Davis is among the most bicycle-friendly cities in America. Take a slow ride to cultural and outdoor attractions Davis has to offer. Follow this tour to enjoy a taste of Davis, from fine art to the flight of honeybees.
This tour is brought to you by MCB
You should consult your physician before starting any exercise program. Bicycling is an activity with risk of personal injury. My City Bikes and its affiliates are not responsible in any capacity for harm or injury that may occur as a result of bicycling. You are solely responsible for your safety while biking.