Total Distance: 19 miles
Total Ride Time: 2.5 hours
1109 S Pearl St, Denver, CO 80210
Velosoul Cyclery is a certified beginner-friendly bicycle retailer. Velosoul offers all kinds of bicycles for you to rent and explore Denver. They also have knowledgeable biking experts to outfit you with safety and weather-resistant equipment to prepare you for your ride. Visit velosoul.com for more information about renting bikes at Velosoul Cyclery.
Velosoul Cyclery to Blue Moon Brewing Company and the RiNo Art District
(8.4 mi, about 60 minutes)
1. Ride south on S Pearl Street toward Buchtel Blvd. N
2. Turn right onto Buchtel Blvd. N
3. Make a sharp left onto S Logan Street
4. Turn right onto E Mississippi Avenue
5. Turn left at S Platte River Drive
6. Make a sharp left onto S Platte River Trail, then turn left to ride north on S Platte River Trail
7. Follow the S Platte River Trail right over the river, then left to continue riding north
8. At Frog Hollow Park follow the S Platte River Trail left over the river, then right to continue riding north
9. Where the trail dead ends at City of Cuernavaca Park, turn right and follow the trail over the river
10. Immediately after the overpass turn left, on the connector, then make a quick right onto Colorado Front Range Trail/S Platte River Trail
11. Turn right onto Washington Street/38th Street, Blue Moon Brewing Company will be on the right
3750 Chestnut Pl, Denver, CO 80216
At Blue Moon Brewing Company, everything starts with creative inspiration. Blue Moon originated in Denver in 1995, with the first brew of Blue Moon Belgian White taking place in the SandLot Brewery at Coors Field. Belgian White provided a refreshingly creative take on the classic Belgian Wit, and has been the inspiration for Blue Moon to continue to push creative boundaries ever since. The brewery and restaurant in the RiNo neighborhood of Denver, is a place where we Blue Moon shares their ongoing creativity and innovative brewing, with beers available only at this location. Stop in to taste limited-edition Blue Moon brews and enjoy a globally inspired and locally sourced menu. Visit bluemoonbrewingcompany.com for more information and hours.
As you continue on your journey you'll ride through the River North Art District, also known as RiNo. The trendy RiNo Art District features galleries of contemporary art and hip concert venues in renovated industrial buildings. Keep an eye out for colorful murals which the district is known for!
RiNo Art District to City Park
(3 miles, about 20 minutes)
1. Ride southeast on Washington Street/38th Street toward Chestnut Place
2. Turn right onto Walnut Street
3. Turn right onto N Downing Street
4. Turn right onto Blake Street
5. Turn right onto 40th Street
6. Turn right onto Franklin Street
7. Turn left onto E 31st Avenue
8. Turn right onto Josephine Street
9. Cross over E 26th Avenue to arrive at City Park
City Park is an impressive 330-acre urban green space. Take a walk along one of the park's trails. Pick up take out from one of the nearby cafes and sit down to enjoy your meal al fresco in the City Park picnic areas.
City Park to LoDo & Larimer Square
(3 miles, about 25 minutes)
1. Ride west on E 26th Avenue toward York Street
2. Turn left onto N Gaylord Street
3. Turn right onto E 25th Avenue
4. Continue onto Glenarm Place, then make a quick right onto 26th Street
5. Turn left onto Blake Street
6. Turn right onto 18th Street
7. Turn left onto Wynkoop Street and arrive at LoDo
(<1 mile, about 8 minutes)
1. Turn left onto 17th Street
2. Turn right onto Larimer Street and arrive at Larimer Square
LoDo stands for "Lower Downtown". LoDo is a bustling urban district famous for its trendy shopping, dining and entertainment. Twinkling lights illuminate the historic block of Larimer Square, where boutiques and restaurants are found inside beautiful Victorian buildings. Before you pedal back to Velosoul, enjoy a great meal, shop unique boutiques, and enjoy charming buildings lining the streets under a canopy of lights.
LoDo & Larimer Square to Colorado State Capitol
(1 mile, about 10 minutes)
1. Ride south on Larimer Street toward 14th Street
2. Turn left onto 14th Street
3. Turn right onto Bannock Street and arrive at Civic Center Park
4. Ride through the park toward the Colorado State Capitol Building
200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203
The Colorado State Capitol Building is a stunning work of Neoclassical architecture topped with a dome covered in 24-karat gold leaf. The building was constructed in the 1890s of Colorado rose onyx in the likeness of the US Capitol Building in Washington, DC. It sits precisely one mile above sea level. The Colorado State Capitol Building houses the Colorado General Assembly, and the offices of the Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Colorado. Free historical tours of the building are offered from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Colorado State Capitol to Civic Center & The Denver Mint
(<1 mile, about 8 minutes)
1. Walk or ride back through Civic Center Park toward Lincoln Street
2. At Bannock Street, turn left toward W 14th Avenue
3. Walking your bicycle, turn right onto W 14th Avenue
4. Park your bicycle at the racks on 14th Avenue
5. Continue walking on 14th Avenue toward Cherokee Street
6. Turn right onto Cherokee Street and arrive at the United States Mint on the left
Just east of the Colorado State Capitol Building is Civic Center Park. This lovely green space features fountains, statues and a Greek amphitheater.
320 W Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80204
Just two blocks east you'll find the United States Mint location in Denver. The building is a historic landmark where you can take coin-making tours.
(4 miles, about 30 minutes)
1. Pick up your bicycle on 14th Street and continue east toward Bannock Street
2. Turn right on the pathway between the Denver Art Museum and the Denver Central Library
3. Cross over 13th Avenue and continue on the pathway
4. Turn right onto W 12th Avenue
5. Cross over Speer Blvd. onto the Cherry Creek Trail/Colorado Front Range Trail
6. Take a sharp left onto Cherry Creek Trail/Colorado Front Range Trail riding south
7. After the Logan Street overpass, take the path off-ramp to the left toward Speer Blvd.
8. Turn right onto the path on Speer Blvd. toward Washington Street
9. Turn right onto N Washington Street
10. Turn right onto E Mississippi Avenue and arrive at Velosoul Cyclery on the left
The "Mile High City" of Denver is an amazing combination of Old West history, modern trends, culture, architecture, and the outdoors. This metropolis is wonderfully bicycle-friendly. Enjoy this slow ride through some of Denver's favorite districts, historical landmarks, and hometown businesses.
This tour is brought to you by MCB
You should consult your physician before starting any exercise program. Bicycling is an activity with risk of personal injury. My City Bikes and its affiliates are not responsible in any capacity for harm or injury that may occur as a result of bicycling. You are solely responsible for your safety while biking.