ACME Bicycles is an independent bike shop with locations in Rapid City, SD
and Laramie, WY.
Owner and founder, Tim Rangitsch, has been outfitting cyclists at ACME Bicycles for 21 years and counting. Get Tim’s tips on biking in Rapid City and the one must-have item to pack in your bag before heading out on your next ride.
1. How long have you been cycling?
I’ve been biking for 44 years, since childhood.
2. What’s your all-time favorite place to ride in Rapid City?
3. What do you think makes Rapid City a special place to bike?
Long season, year-round cycling, and big views.
4. If someone only has 1 day in Rapid City, what is a “
must do” for their itinerary?
Ride either of the in-town trail systems to take in the views.
5. Besides Rapid City, what is your favorite destination to visit as a cyclist?
Grand Valley, CO and/or Bellingham, WA.
6. What’s the 1 item that every cyclist needs on vacation?
7. What do you do when you’re not biking?
Sleeping or eating. Mostly spending time with family and friends.